Sunday, 31 August 2014

Limbering up!

I can't believe it's almost two months since I last posted on the Burly & Grum blog. Go on, ask me what I've been doing for the last few weeks! I'll give you a clue - I'm shaking builder's dust from my hair as I type. Yes, I moved from the house I'd lived in for 24 years to somewhere new.  Well, when I say new, it was built in the 1930s but somehow managed to get stuck in a 1970's time warp. Not that I'm against the 70s at all, it's just that after 40 years the wallpaper is looking a bit tired! I've been up and down ladders, knocked down walls, drilled holes, painted everything that doesn't move, and poor old Burly and Grum have taken a back seat. 
     Not that they've minded at all, they've been relaxing on the beach and have been sending me postcards to prove it.This one is from Grum...


     And this one is from Burly (he's been a bit nicer and you will note he's bringing me back a present)...

  Although there is still a lot to do to my new home (having a kitchen that doesn't resemble a war zone would be good...), I'm going to start concentrating once more on Burly and Grum especially as we were doing so well, for example, being finalist for the People's Book Prize. There are a lot of great opportunities out there and I will be putting my ear to the ground to see what developments have taken place while I've been 'away'. So the holiday for Burly and Grum is now officially over and they are limbering up to start work again - this is going to be fun!




2 comments:

  1. Uh, oh. I don't know if this is going to publish twice or not. i pressed the publish button and it all disappeared. If not, I just wanted to congratulate you on the new-old house and I wish you loads of success on your Burly a Grum adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Ben, that's much appreciated! Can I say that I'm half way through 'Finding Demons' and loving it :)

    ReplyDelete